Thursday, July 17, 2008

Busy, busy, busy...

We are busy little bees around this hive. We have a future missionary couple, Tom & Cindy Darnell, staying here with us in the Agape house. They have been a HUGE blessing to us by helping us to pack up everything we own and clean rooms, floors, and do a ton of much needed yard work. I don't think that I would be this far along in packing without them.

Here is a taste of what is going on in our home right now... while hosting another team of 17 from Texas that has come to work with the Youth of Palabras de Vida (our Dominican church home) at the 3rd annual youth camp this weekend (July 18th- 20th) which we are also helping with, and we are also trying to pack our entire house. The team arrived in two different shifts (two different days) and are currently settling in to sleep for a few hours before they have to get up at 4:30 am to get ready and meet at the church by 5:30am. They will be gone until Sunday night and then we will continue hosting them until Thursday morning then we are planning to move on Friday and Saturday. Whew!

It is only by the grace of God that I am not going crazy right now. Hahaha! It has been interesting finding places for everyone to sleep while there are boxes in the corners and luggage in the dining room. =) I just keep thinking about the little train engine,"I think I can...I think I can..." and I keep repeating the verse that says that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Seriously though, we are so appreciative of every single person/team that comes to the D.R. to serve short term or long because we are blessed to see God work in the lives of the Dominicans and in the lives of the teams. They always leave blessed and changed for the glory of the Lord and we are glad to be able to play a part in it.

Thank you Lord for your continued provision, blessings, and direction! Thank you to all of you have been lifting us up in your prayers and for your continued support. God bless and we will keep you posted!

No comments: